I know what you’re thinking, “How in the world does one make vegan and gluten-free banana muffins?”
If you’re like me, you’ve had the same question and maybe even struggle with it. I was one of those people who never made a dessert that was 100% vegan and gluten-free. So when I first heard that there was a way to make vegan and gluten-free banana muffins, I was skeptical.
But, I soon discovered that these muffins are easy to make and they taste good!
My Vegan and Gluten-Free Banana Muffins Recipe is easy to follow and I’ll walk you through every step of the process.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar
- 1/4 cup of almond butter (you can use any other nut butter too)
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I’m using an 8-cup silicone baking mold.
- Put the chia seeds in a bowl and add the raw sugar. Stir it up well.
- Then add the almond butter and stir it up.
- Put the bananas in the blender and add the coconut oil. Blend it up until the bananas are fully mashed and fluffy.
- Add the chia seed mixture and stir it all up.
- In another bowl, mix together the tapioca starch, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly add this mixture to the wet mixture and stir it up.
- Pour the mixture into your baking molds and bake for 25 minutes.
I hope you like my Vegan and Gluten-Free Banana Muffins Recipe! If you try making this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or send me a picture of your muffins on Instagram or Facebook and tag me. I love seeing what you all make!