On my quest to find a healthy pancake recipe that’s also gluten-free, I found a recipe that fits the bill. I searched online for gluten-free pancake recipes and was lucky to come across a recipe I really liked. I also found out that it could be made vegan and gluten-free by removing the eggs.
My first attempt at making the recipe was a failure. It was so heavy and dense that I wasn’t sure it would even cook. After a few more attempts, I got the hang of it and was able to make a very light and fluffy pancake. The recipe is a modified version of the recipe on vegan.com.
The original recipe calls for adding some kind of dairy or butter, but I decided to make it vegan. I’m not entirely sure that makes the recipe vegan, but it’s what I’ve been doing and it works for me.
You won’t be disappointed with the outcome. The batter is light, fluffy and delicious. I’ve been making these pancakes on a regular basis and have had no problem getting them to cook and stay flat. I’ve even made them for the occasional breakfast without any issues.
The original recipe calls for adding some kind of dairy or butter, but I decided to make it vegan.
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp organic sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup vegan oil
- Mash banana and combine with non-dairy milk, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom, clove, and allspice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high and pour 2/3 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes and then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until a light brown.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and coconut milk.