My vegan creamy mushroom pasta is so hearty, the perfect comfort food. It has a hint of garlic, some white mushrooms, and nutritional yeast. It’s a true comfort food, and I think you’ll love it!
It’s very easy to make, and you can make it in less than 30 minutes. I usually make this recipe when I just don’t have time to make something complicated.
This recipe is a variation of the vegan mushroom sauce pasta that I made back in 2012, and I definitely recommend it! The original recipe has become one of my favorite side dishes, and it’s always requested.
– ½ large white onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tbsps olive oil
– 2 cups sliced mushrooms
– 1 tbsps nutritional yeast
– ½ tsp salt
– ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
– 1 cup vegetable stock
– 3 cups gluten-free penne pasta
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the onions and garlic until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
- Add the vegetable stock to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and allow the liquid to simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and cook until al dente, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pasta from the skillet and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Drain the mushroom mixture and add to the pasta bowl.
- Toss until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately.