Making chickpea pancakes is a great way to make a quick and easy meal, and it’s also an excellent way to use up leftover chickpeas.
It’s fast to make, doesn’t need any particular skill, and you can do it with just a few ingredients.
If you’ve never made chickpea pancakes before, this is the perfect recipe for you.
It’s also a perfect way to use up leftover chickpeas.
I’ve tried making chickpea pancakes with and without the batter being added to the chickpeas, and I’ve found that it doesn’t make much difference.
If you prefer, you can also add some extra ingredients to the batter to make them more varied and interesting.
- ½ cup chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup gluten-free couscous
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- Drain the chickpeas. Combine the chickpeas, carrot, oats, couscous, garlic, avocado, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, tahini, coconut milk, and water into a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Place in a bowl. Sprinkle with salsa.
- Serve with ketchup, mayo, or balsamic vinegar.
This is my first attempt at a recipe I found on the internet, and it was a wonderful success! I was not expecting it to work, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was really excited that I was able to make pancakes this way. I didn’t have all of the ingredients on hand, but I used what I had and it worked great! I love the kind of texture that this recipe has. You can really taste the carrot, oats, and couscous, but the chickpeas really mask everything!
If you love pancakes, you really need to try this recipe. I am so excited to try this again with different toppings and maybe some different fruits!
Thank you for reading!