Banana Bread is a classic. It’s what you get when you mix bananas with flour, eggs, sugar, baking powder and salt. It’s simple, delicious and it’s easy to make. Banana bread is also a great way to sneak in vegan ingredients!
If you’re looking to make a Vegan and Gluten-Free Banana Bread, you’ll need to start by skipping the eggs and butter.
We’ve got three vegan and gluten-free banana bread recipes to choose from:
You can read more about the history of the banana bread here.
If you like this recipe, please share it on Pinterest!
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe:
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the oil, molasses, water, brown sugar, flaxseed meal, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- Add the applesauce and coconut milk.
- Stir well.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Pour the batter into a 9” by 13” loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.