I’ve been wanting to make some veggie burgers since I was a kid. I remember the first time I tried to make a veggie burger that didn’t taste “too much” like a veggie burger. It was a veggie burger made with eggs, cheese, and tofu. I found it delicious, but not as delicious as the veggie burger I made with hemp seeds.
I’ve been wanting to share the recipe for a while now, but I was waiting for the perfect time. This was my perfect time.
Hemp Seed Veggie Burger (Vegan)
I wanted to share this recipe because I think it’s a really tasty veggie burger, and it’s pretty easy to make.
Veggie burgers are usually made with ground beef, but this recipe uses ground-up hemp seeds. It takes only about 15 minutes to make, and it’s super easy.
I’ve been eating these burgers for a few months now and I can’t get enough of them!
I love this recipe because it’s made with real ingredients, and it tastes just like a meaty veggie burger.
You will need a food processor and a blender for this recipe, but these aren’t necessary.
This Homemade Vegan Burgers Recipe Makes 4 burgers.
1 cup of hemp seeds
½ cup of cooked lentils
1 clove of garlic
2 slices of fresh ginger
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cumin
½ teaspoon of paprika
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Cooked brown rice
½ cup of broccoli florets
1 cup of water
- Blend the hemp seeds in your food processor or blender until they are finely ground.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the lentils, garlic, ginger, nutritional yeast, salt, cumin, paprika, and olive oil.
- Add the ground hemp seeds to the blender and mix well.
- Add the rice and broccoli to the blender and mix until the broccoli is ground and mixed into the rice.
- Press the mixture into a medium bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into four patties.
- Grill the burgers over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a whole grain bun with lettuce, tomato, and pickle.
This recipe is made with hemp seeds, but I’ve also made them with flax seeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
Each seed has a different flavor and texture, and they can be used to make a different veggie burger.