A hot and sour soup is a broth-based soup that usually contains ingredients such as tofu, mushrooms, and vegetables. There are many types of hot and sour soups.The traditional ones are made with a lot of ingredients and a lot of time. But this one is simpler, and you can make it in a hurry.
I have been making this vegan hot and sour soup recipe for years but I have never written a post about it.
- 1 leek
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 big carrot
- 1 large can of coconut milk
- 1 packet vegan hot and sour sauce
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp of agave nectar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, cut the leek into thin slices.
- Then, dice the potatoes and carrot.
- Then, add the leek, potatoes, carrot, garlic and 1 cup of water into a pot.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then, add the coconut milk and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until the flavors are combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice or with bread.
This soup is a great way to start the day. I hope you enjoy it!