- 2 cups jicama sliced (about 1 small)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Peel jicama and slice into french fry pieces.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon sea salt into medium pot of water. Bring to a boil.
- Boil jicama fries in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain in colander.
- Place drained jicama pieces into a large mixing bowl. Coat with avocado oil, then sprinkle on ¼ teaspoon sea salt, garlic powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Blend in spices.
- Spread fries onto oiled baking pan. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, turning halfway through baking time, until fries are crisp.
For crispier french fries, remove the jicama from the oven after about 10 minutes and then fry in hot oil until browned.
Radish or turnip can be used in place of the jicama and may not require boiling first.
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 40 mins Total Time: 50 mins
I recommend buying jicama at the fresh market or supermarket. Otherwise, you can also buy it on amazon.
Buy jicama on amazon.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 92 | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 446mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Net Carbs: 2 g | % Carbs: 10.7 % | % Protein: 5.3 % | % Fat: 84 %