This is a vegan ice cream that’s made in less than an hour and is completely dairy-free!
I actually made it with almond milk, but you can use any kind of milk you like. Since it’s my first ice cream recipe, I’ll go through the whole thing, step by step.
First thing is to make the base. This is the part where you will need to make sure everything is nice and cold.
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar
- 1/4 cup of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut milk and coconut oil on medium heat. When the coconut milk is hot, add the maple syrup, coconut nectar, agave nectar, vanilla extract and vanilla powder.
- Turn down the heat to medium low and continue cooking the mixture while stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Once everything is mixed well, set the mixture aside and let it cool down while you get the other ingredients ready.
- For the next part, I used the ice cream maker. If you don’t have one, you can just mix everything by hand.
- To make the ice cream base, put everything except the vanilla extract in the ice cream maker and churn for about 15 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and churn for another 15 minutes.
- This is the part where you’ll have to taste it and add more of anything that you think it needs.
- You can add more agave, coconut nectar or vanilla powder as you want. Taste it and see how you like it.
- Remove the ice cream from the machine and put it in the freezer while you clean up the machine.
- Wash the ice cream maker with warm water and soap. Rinse it well and dry it with a clean cloth.
- Put the ice cream back in the ice cream maker and churn it for about 10-15 minutes.
- When the ice cream is ready, put it in the freezer for about 5 hours.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow it to soften for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve it immediately or put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes or until you’re ready to serve.
- Enjoy with cookies, fresh fruit or any other topping you like. I’m sure you’ll love it.